Last year, a colleague told me about the free Celebrate Calm newsletters she receives on a regular basis to her email.
“Celebrate Calm,” I thought, “What’s that? Some kind of yoga/ meditation/ zen announcement?”
Nope, it’s none of the above though it can bring on a zen-like understanding. A business owned by American behaviour consultant, Kirk Martin, Celebrate Calm appears to be a variety of things:
- Various sets of (rather expensive) CDs on topics related to parenting, ADHD and family dynamics
- Free newsletters and blog posts
- Paid coaching, workshops, videos and phone counseling
As a writer and avid reader, I am picky about the media I consume. Interestingly, the Celebrate Calm newsletters have almost always proven to be right on target and sometimes even a bizarre illustration of exactly how I’m feeling or what I’m currently concerned about. Examples? Here are some of their recent newsletter topics:
- When kids lie or say, “I hate myself!” and “I’m so stupid!”
- I refuse to change my child…
- Homework Lies that Destroy Families
Like many of you, I occasionally sign up to receive digital (or hard copy) newsletters about any number of things: business, kids, parenting, books, authors, finances, etc. and often end up clicking the ol’ spam button after a few issues. But, not so of Celebrate Calm. If you’re a parent who struggles with parenting (and hey, who doesn’t?) I am happy to share this resource with you. If interested, sign up on the top right-hand corner of the Celebrate Calm home page.